Well since I’m on a roll and was shopping in one of many favorite craft stores…I saw these great patriotic gift boxes and thought these would be so cute with something in it!
Here is what I came up with – Centerpieces for my barbecue! That’s the spirit…
Not just one but…
I couldn’t make up my mind so I bought two…
I’ll give you basic materials that you will need – but honestly you will create and combine to your liking..
Materials: BUTTONS: La Mode – #43967 (anchor); LaPetite – #424 (red); Funtastics™ – Q215- blue star; Q214 – white star; Q199 – red star; Favorite Findings – #483 Patriotic Stars; #1424 Cloud White
- Assorted red, white and blue paper – solid, stripe and polka dots…
- Novelty tins/boxes
- Wooden sticks/dowels
- white paint/paint brush
- white confetti shredded paper (usually will find this in the gift wrap area)
- pleat boad/scoreboard
- novelty cupcake wrappers
- So you will first start by painting your wooden dowels white (or if you prefer another color do so now) set aside to dry.
- Cut your scrapbook paper. Score. Pleat. Adhere.
- To give dimension – stack your “pinwheels” ontop of one another.
- add cupcake wrappers (found these and they had a nice patriotic feel to them). I glued several wrappers together.
- Add a button to the center. Then carefully with scissors cut to the center to give it strips/..
hopefully you can see what I was talking about by giving it a shredded look.
Embellish the pinwheels with assorted red, white and blue buttons…Adhere to your dowels with glue.
Cut your styrofoam so that it sits inside (you may need to add some glue to the bottom so it doesn’t wabble.. Begin inserting your wheels – remember to stagger and you may have to cut your sticks. Add white confetti. Remember to also embellish the tin!
Now set the table, invite some friends, light the grill and watch the fireworks! Happy 4th July!!!!